Sunday, January 27, 2008

Technologically Challenged

I received an e-mail from my son-in-law, Richard Schneberger, who said that the comments feature of my blog limited comments to team members. When Richard helped me set this blog up over the Christmas holidays, I thought I had that set to allow anyone to comment. Obviously not. That is now taken care of. Any one who drops by, feel free to make a comment on any post. I realize this blog is not really the type that will generate comments, at least it isn't right now. Maybe in the future, if I really become published, that could change.

Richard said he added a link to my blog on his blog. I intend to do the same for his, but right now I haven't figured out how. Several times in previous posts I tried to add a link to some web site, only to find out the link didn't work. I haven't learned the code using the < and > characters. On the message boards I frequent, you use the [ and ] characters for code. Substituting characters that designate code is coming should not be a problem, but the links still don't work. So there is something else I have to learn.

I'm planning on taking a community college class in web site building during the month of March. Maybe then I'll learn what I need. In the meantime, I hope to learn how to post a clickable link, and add a blogroll.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Dave,

Glad to see that you now have the comments feature avaliable. I'm sure you'll learn a lot in that class - probably so much that you'll be helping me out.

But in the meantime...if you want to add a Blogroll or link list or anything else to your page...just go to your "Dashboard" - click on "Layout" and there is a place on the side that will say "add page element" click on that and it will give you various options - you'll want to add a "link list" and then you can call it whatever you want in the title...add links by their web address and give them a title...you can add as many on that list as you'd like...simply save it. You should also be able to move it's position on your page up or down by clicking on it and moving it. Hope that helps & hope you guys have a great week. Blessings ~ RLS