Sunday, September 14, 2008

Some Moments

Pamela Tudsbury, in Herman Wouk's excellent novel The Winds of War, said, "Some moments weigh against a life time."

I have found her (or rather his) words to be true in life in general and in my life in particular. Those moments probably are not recognizable at the time. Well, some are. Death and destruction, such as the 9/11 attacks on the USA or the death of a loved one, are obvious, but other moments aren't. In the novel, Pamela and Victor Henry were talking about a moment that had happened some days or weeks before.

On Wednesday I may have had such a moment. I recognized it instantly, though I'm waiting to see if I'm right or not. Consequently, I may be silent here for a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A most interesting post and thought. I have to say I do agree with the quote. It can change your life if you get inspired by it.

Steve

David A. Todd said...

Steve:

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.