Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Roller Coaster Continues

So yesterday I stood down, from writing my John Wesley study. Because our church is going a different direction with adult Life Group curriculum, and it won't be needed any time soon. I estimate at least a year, maybe two. I've been working on this off and on since January, and close to full time since mid-April. Actually, I began planning it close to a year ago. And remember, full time for me and my writing means all of the very few hours that are spare after work and church and household, etc.

I know, I know. If the study is a good one, it should have a market other than my Life Group class, so I should continue writing the book. And not having a September deadline means I can spend more time with it and make a better book. All true. And yet...

...that's not what I was working toward. I laid other projects aside to work on that one, planning to begin teaching it around September. Rather than feeling a reprieve from a deadline I feel as if I wasted a month.

On the other hand, as I sit in my office, writing this blog post when I should be doing umpteen things for my employer, having no windows at eye level to see what's happening in the world beyond, I can hear water draining through a downspout just outside. It's raining! I love the rain, so that's a bit of a boost to my disposition. It also means I won't be able to take my walk on the noon hour, so I can use the time to work on the Wesley book.

Oh, wait....

No comments: