Sunday, May 12, 2013

Thinking of Mom

This mother's day I should be thinking about the living mothers in my life: my wife, my daughter (who just blessed us with our third grandchild and first granddaughter), and my mother-in-law. But my thoughts are drifting to my mom, now dead for 48 years. Normally my strongest memories come forth on August 19, the anniversary of her death, or on September 30, which was her birthday. I posted a long story about her here, and a shorter remembrance here.

I don't think I have a whole lot more to add to those posts. I wanted to put a photo of Mom with this post, but I guess the few I had digitized are on the computer one table over, mostly dead. I don't think I'll try to retrieve them. I'll try to add one or two later, but I think I'll post this now.

No comments: