Friday, May 16, 2008

We'll try this one more time

Tomorrow morning Lynda and I will head east, to Ridgecrest, North Carolina, to attend the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference. This will be my fifth writers conference in my eight years of serious writing. Classes to attend; agents and editors to meet with to pitch writing projects; meals with others in the industry; like-minded people to network with; a mountain setting; forgetting about work for a week. I'll be trying to gain publication for two different Bible study books I'm working on, as well as for my two novels and my poetry book.

The odds of publication are still minuscule, but higher with this face to face time than simply by the mail. We'll see what happens. I can't keep plunking down beaucoup bucks year after year for these things, so this may be the last one for a while.

Wish me luck.

No comments: