Sunday, June 15, 2008

This week in review

It was a good week--finally!

After several weeks in which something always seemed to occur to make the week less than stellar, last week was better, much better. Hopefully it's not because I'm batching it. Some highlights from the week:

- I completed the proposal for my study guide on The Screwtape Letters. Only a couple of days of polishing remain before I send it to the interested editor.
- I was able to concentrate on my work at work. I didn't complete my major project, a flood study, but I made progress on it, including planning how to make it work. I organized my new work space, and completed a number of minor things that I started months ago, but had let lag.
- I tallied up my continuing education credits for the year and organized the certificates. This is important because, until this year, we had a staff member who did this, but cuts have put this back on licensees.
- I kept up with housework in Lynda's absence, unlike previous times she's been away.
- I worked on maintenance tasks around the house.
- I kept up with reading and blogging and e-mailing.

I'm excited about almost having the proposal done. I think this is possibly my best current work as related to being accepted for publication. And I think I did this right: plan out the book; prepare sample chapters; prepare a one-sheet promotional to show at the conference; then prepare a proposal at the editor's request. In preparing the proposal I used Terry Whalin's Book Proposals That Sell as a guide.

Also this week, my reading produced several ideas for future blog posts.

No comments: