Thursday, March 19, 2009

Functioning on Three Cylinders

Tuesday I picked up a bug. Well, at least it was Tuesday evening I began feeling nauseated, with a tight and painful stomach. I lost my supper about 11 PM, went to bed, and was up at 2:15 AM for the big...well, I'll spare you the details. I was up every 15 minutes through the rest of the night. Wednesday I just stayed in bed or in my reading chair, trying to find strength to function. Finally, at 6:00 PM I went to the nearby dollar store and bought some Gatorade to replensih fluids and electrolytes. I went to bed at 8:45M, and didn't get up till 8:00 this morning. Haven't eaten anything since Tuesday evening.

Consequently, I'm behind on everything I planned on doing. I finished Dune Messiah, and planned to blog a book review yesterday. Maybe tonight. I had hoped to send off "Mom's Letter" to at least two markets by today, but have not been able to complete the last, little research needed.

Tonight is writing critique group. I was really hoping to go and present two Documenting America columns. I guess I'll wait and see if I can finish the day at work and how I feel at 5:00 PM. I wouldn't have come to work today except for needing to get some PowerPoint slides done for my presentation next week.

No comments: