Monday, March 23, 2009

Nearing Normal

I am at work today, feeling close to normal, the food poisoning having almost run its course.

That's a good thing, because in a few hours I'm supposed drive to the Kansas City area to attend the Urban Water Management Conference. Tomorrow I present a technical paper, "The Problems With Pumped Detention". Wednesday I moderate a session where other technical papers will be presented. The conference continues through noon on Thursday.

I'll be trying to meet people on the trip, mainly potential clients, but also vendors and some fellow consultants. So I need to be close to full speed. I'm about there.

So writing will be shoved aside for a few days--unless schedule and contacts (or lack thereof) allow me to spend an evening in a bookstore up there, researching World War 2 magazines. One can hope. Maybe that will be what I do when I pull into Overland Park tonight, and again when I pull back into town on Thursday. One can hope.

No comments: