So tonight I'll post something else. I'm making progress on a number of fronts.
- Health: After a few weeks of barely watching what I ate (while continuing a good level of exercise), this is shaping up to be a good week. For the last two days I've barely snacked, and have upped my exercise level slightly. Despite 90+ temperatures at noon, I walked 12 laps each day (a mile and a third).
- Flood study: At the end of the workday, I had pretty much completed the last analysis of the flood study that has been a sword dangling over my head for two years. I still have to get the tech going on the mapping (promised for tomorrow), and must write a technical report (already started) and fill out the FEMA forms (one day's work). The end is in sight.
- Reading: As stated, I got more reading done than anticipated over the last month. Perhaps I'm reading more efficiently, because I had great comprehension as I read; I didn't skim any of it.
- Freelancing: Last night I spent time preparing a query for another article in Internet Genealogy. No word on it yet.
- Suite 101.com: Here's the shameless plug: I have three articles up on Suite 101: two on flood plain issues, and one an overview of Robert Frost's "Into My Own", one of his early poems. These three articles don't have many page views yet and no revenue earned, but that will come in time. What business, you ask, does a civil engineer have reviewing a Frost poem? You'll have to go to my profile page at Suite 101 and click on the article.