Monday, March 1, 2010

The February Report

Oops, I didn't mean to let this blog sit since last Thursday. It was a busy weekend, though.

Here's my report on February 2010, how I did relative to the goals I set.

1. Blog 12 times or more. >> Blogged 13 times, so met this goal.

2. Write and publish at least 8 articles at Suite101.com. >> Wrote and published 10 articles at Suite 101, so exceeded this goal

3. Consider applying for a feature writer position at Suite101; more on that in a post later today. >> That was kind of a measly goal. "Consider"? Well, I have a kind of measly result. I applied, was one of three candidates, then withdrew my application in a fit of pique at life in general. So I'm going to consider this goal met.

4. Complete an article I'm writing for BiblioBuffet.com and submit it. Ran it through critique group last night, so it's down to final editing. >> I completed it and submitted it. I heard back from the editor yesterday: She'll make a decision by Tuesday night. She took some time off in February was the reason for the delay.

5. Make at least three freelance submittals (including BiblioBuffet). >> Made three submittal, exactly on goal

6. Write at least 1000 words in In Front of Fifty Thousand Screaming People. >> Almost; wrote 860 words. Although I didn't make it, it felt good to be writing on it again.

7. Read at least 50 pages in a book about writing better. I have four or five at my disposal right now. >> I did this, but in writing magazines, not in books.

Okay, not a bad month relative to goals. Now I need to work us some March goals. Stay tuned.

No comments: