Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Wishes

We are still in Oklahoma City, at our daughter's and son-in-law's, and it looks like we will be here through tomorrow at least. I'm anxious to get home, and I think we are suffering from the discomfort of an uncomfortable bed, a crowded house, and the rigors of intense potty training boot camp of a 2 1/2 year old. But all in our travelling party don't see it that way, so I guess we'll stay. I don't want to force the issue.

Of course, since our kids aren't financially able to have cable TV on the salary of an inner-city pastor, and since only one of the New Year bowl games is on broadcast TV, we will miss all the bowl games today. There's no place to read in the house that is not subject to the noises of everyone else, so it's not really possible to read or write. After lunch I may just put on my two jackets and go for a long walk. Of course, it's about 30 degrees here, so maybe that won't be possible.

Happy New Year everyone. At least the economy is looking better right now. We were given back some of the salary cuts we lost in 2009, so I'll start out 2011 at a higher salary. And I made payout at Suite101.com last month, barely, but at least I made it. A little bit of silver lining.

No comments: