Monday, May 24, 2010

Will It Never End?

You can't say "will it never end" about "Lost". That ended last night. I didn't watch it because we haven't seen seasons 4, 5, 6, and 7 yet. At least, I think it was season 3 where we ended. Maybe it was 4, but I don't think so. Anyway, some day we'll catch up and see those other seasons, but without that we weren't about to watch the grand-finale. There would be some better things to do with 2 1/2 hours on a Sunday evening.

But what there never seems to be any end to is work to do, and things that interfere with writing. Today I'm working on the next flood study, and have found it to probably require more work than I thought it would. This won't keep me away from writing--unless overtime is needed to get this thing out the door by early next week--but it will mean I won't be able to move on to the next work task as soon as I'd like. And it means this week will be pressure-packed, just like last week.

Company arrives on Saturday to spend two or three days with us. We'll have five guests staying at the house. That's okay. We'll have a lot of clean-up needed over the next few days, and there's plenty of yard work to do. The checkbook is balanced, and I'll pay bills tonight. The parking lot project is winding down, but this week there are still things to be done for it.

What little writing I managed over the weekend was on the Harmony of the Gospels and on the next Bible study I'll be teaching, beginning June 6. I guess that qualifies as writing, but it may never progress to something publishable, so I can't really count on it.

So it looks like another week without being able to jump back into writing as I want to. I've got a couple of blog posts I'm planning for this week, so check back in every couple of days for new material.

No comments: